Traditional food

Za sve gurmane i one koji ce to tek postati. Preporucite restoran, napisite nam svoj novi recept da nam slinica curi...
Mary_greece_34
vrtic
vrtic

Traditional food

Post by Mary_greece_34 »

Please tell me some traditional foods of your country that you would recommend to a guest. If you want write ingredients and recipes. :)
honky
sous chef
sous chef

Re: Traditional food

Post by honky »

I'm no expert, but I'll give it a shot. :cer:

Ok, a very simplified take on my country's (Croatia) national cuisine is that there are two distinctively different types of cuisine.

I would say the southern, coastal part is your typical Mediterranean cuisine (staples being olive oil, seafood, fish, parsley, garlic, etc).

One of the most famous dishes is called "brudet" ->http://www.englishmanindubrovnik.com/co ... an-brudet/

Northern part was historically more under the influence of the Austro-Hungarian empire, which can be traced in the local diet and eating preferences - red meat (pork especially), different types of cured meat, stews with sauteed onions as a base, freshwater fish, lots of dairy products and stronger spices (red pepper powder), etc.

One of the signature dishes is called "štrukli"-Image

And since I'm of Bosnian descent, I have to say that Bosnian cuisine is everything. :zaljub:
But there're people here who can tell you a lot more about it.
“You said, 'They’re harmless dreamers and they’re loved by the people.' 'What,' I asked you, 'is harmless about a dreamer, and what,' I asked you, 'is harmless about the love of the people?"
Mary_greece_34
vrtic
vrtic

Post by Mary_greece_34 »

Thanks honky, you're giving me ideas! :)

I'll try to cook something and I will tell you my opinion! :)
honky
sous chef
sous chef

Post by honky »

By all means, please do. :)

Perhaps you could join at "Cuisine ala Jela" also.
Originally, it was a topic to discuss experimental cooking recipes and techniques (quite opposite of traditional cuisine you're interested in), but more often than not things...well, they just go wrong. :laugh:

It's a very lighthearted topic, that's for sure. :)
“You said, 'They’re harmless dreamers and they’re loved by the people.' 'What,' I asked you, 'is harmless about a dreamer, and what,' I asked you, 'is harmless about the love of the people?"
Jelena-E
Cuisine ala Jela

Post by Jelena-E »

Well well well, I agree Mary if you wish to join us but I am afraid that you will have to pass initiation process first.
For instance you will have to prove that you can make Hiroshima pizza first :hihihi:
Unless honky has some better idea :hihi:
honky
sous chef
sous chef

Post by honky »

It's hardly an elite club, dear Jelena, I really don't think any requirements for joining in are necessary. :hihi:
Jelena-E
Cuisine ala Jela

Post by Jelena-E »

honky wrote:It's hardly an elite club, dear Jelena, I really don't think any requirements for joining in are necessary. :hihi:
:belj:
If I am the master chef than it must be extraordinary. :hihihi:
honky
sous chef
sous chef

Post by honky »

:galeb:
Jelena-E
Cuisine ala Jela

Post by Jelena-E »

Sorry Mary I was only joking. There is no initiation process. :patnja:
Just pop in if you find it interesting and you like cooking... Feel free to share some of your own recipes with us.
Mary_greece_34
vrtic
vrtic

Post by Mary_greece_34 »

Well, I am not afraid of such challenges and I am sure you would believe my talent in cooking (I think this talk yet, right? :hihi: )

We have some famous foods as you know and some of them maybe you've already tried. We are (approximately) neighbors and we certainly have some common influences. :)
Arizona
penzionerka
penzionerka

Post by Arizona »

I knew there were strict requirements, this is why I never even tried to join. :ljutimse: :cer: Will something like this :kuma: get me in the club? :cer:
Jelena-E
Cuisine ala Jela

Post by Jelena-E »

Arizona wrote:I knew there were strict requirements, this is why I never even tried to join. :ljutimse: :cer: Will something like this :kuma: get me in the club? :cer:
Just keep saying that. Honky will kill me when she sees it :grize nokte:
She will say that I scared all people off... I'm going to hide somewhere in bushes and wait my sad destiny :patnja:
Arizona
penzionerka
penzionerka

Post by Arizona »

Jelena-E wrote:
Arizona wrote:I knew there were strict requirements, this is why I never even tried to join. :ljutimse: :cer: Will something like this :kuma: get me in the club? :cer:
She will say that I scared all people off... I'm going to hide somewhere in bushes and wait my sad destiny :patnja:
Don't be sad, I will try to join. :dadada: The thing is, I am not a great cook. :negative:
Jelena-E
Cuisine ala Jela

Post by Jelena-E »

Arizona wrote:
Jelena-E wrote:
Don't be sad, I will try to join. :dadada: The thing is, I am not a great cook. :negative:
I think that the first criteria is satisfied... hihihihih.... Welcome to cuisine ala Jela :hihihi: